Saturday, October 10, 2009

Potty Training Day 1

So no one warned my husband and I to buy carpet cleaner for the BIG day. We have made the decision to stay in on this three day weekend and attempt the big boy pants. I had no idea that this was going to play out this way.

6:00am - Wake up
6:30am - Potty - Good job
7:00am - Breakfast - Accident #1 good thing we were in the kitchen
7:30am - Playtime - Accident #2 - frantically looking for carpet cleaner
8:00am - Potty - Good job
8:30am- Accident #3 - Can't take anymore, waking Richard up to help
9:00am - ??? I honestly can't remember but I do know he peed in the potty at least every thirty minutes
Lunchtime - Accident #4 - I now have to wash the five pair of dirty big boy pants
4:00 - whenever - thirty minute approach seems to be working.

Richard gets a free pass and gets to go eat dinner with the owner of the Washington Redskins! I kept asking, are you sure your wife isn't supposed to go with you?

Dinner - Accident #N
Playtime - Look on his face as he is playing with cars, immediate yelling from me - potty, potty - looking for carpet cleaner again.

Bedtime - spent an hour reading potty training tips online, I can't bring myself to buy one of those books.

So this is way harder than I expected, kind of like the first four weeks after Nicholas was born, kind of like being pregnant - if you have no children, just go into knowing that no one ever shares their real experience with you, they would feel way to cruel. If they did no one would have children.

So this is the next challenge of raising my little baby, I can't believe he is growing up so fast. He looks so cute in his big boy pants! Hope for better results tomorrow, I am thinking about putting the plastic pants over his big boy pants but we will see, he is smart, I know he will get it....

1 comment: